Fun Time at Borneo T.R. Resort

Fun Time at Borneo T.R. Resort
Our Group Photo there

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Childhood fantasies

There's no class now, and I have nothing to do. Its time like these that i find myself reminiscing about the past. I remember how when I was still a kid in ST. Johns and we used to play police and thieves.

My favourite side would be, without a doubt, being a thief. I loved the rush of adrenaline when other kids playing as the polices chase me around the entire school. Hahaha, I remember toying with the cops. I would wait till they are within millimeters away from catching me and then I'll bolt away from them. I did this not only because of the rush of adrenaline but also because I was a dumb kid that believed there's no one out there faster than me. When my body became tired from all the running, I turned towards cunningness to escape. I remember faking to be a police when I was tired and make some fake attempts to catch other thieves.

Call it being cocky or being sporting, but I would always play rock, paper and scissors with the few people that i believed have any chance of catching me. That was how we decided on who gets to become police or thieves. Winners of rock, paper and scissors will get to become police and the losers will become thieves. Of course, I would lose most of the times ^_^

Another thing that I loved about this game was the rescueing part. You see, when the cops catch any of the thieves, the thieves are placed in the jail. The jail is actually just a fence and the thieves were suppose to hold each others' arms to symbolize that they're caught and is stuck in jail. Here's the part that I love, if any thieves manage to touch even one of the jailed thieves then the whole lot will be free.

Are you getting the picture on why I love the rescueing part? Yup, I love being the hero!!! I would run and hide and do everything I can to become the last thief, wait till all the polices are gathered around the jailed thieves, and then make my suicidal run to liberate all my fellow thieves.

The rush of adrenaline, the moment of liberations, the roar of my fellow thieves when they see me running across the field to come save them. I seriously felt that my parents gave birth to me for this sole purpose in life. It matters not that in real life, thieves are the bad guys. I was a kid, I was dumb but I was having fun and at that moment, I had a purpose in life.

Sigh... but all things have to come to an end. Some of the parents complained to the principle of torn uniforms and one thing led to another and the game was banned. :(

Sometimes I wish I was born during the middle ages, where there are crisis here and there. I would have so loved having a life of saving other people. Hahaha, I think I watched too much anime, always imagining myself being the hero...

No comments: